A.Р. Shket, E.Е. Stepanova, M.V. Zimina, T.V. Hlybouskaya, A.A. Komarovsky, O.I. Kozlov, S.I. Kozlov, Y.V. Vasilevich, V.A. Tokunov, D.I. Krachak, O.V. Lubimova, V.D. Krachak
The aim of work is to demonstrate the new surgical approach of left appendage closure from inside the left atrium during open heart surgery on mitral valve and early results of this method.
keywords: left atrial appendage, cardiac surgery, atrial fibrillation
for references: A.P. Shket, E.E. Stepanova, M.V. Zimina, T.V. Glybovskaya, A.A. Komarovski, O.I. Kozlov, S.I. Kozlov, Y.V. Vasilevich, V.A. Tokunov, D.I. Krachak, O.V. Lyubimova, V.D.Krachak. New technique for surgical left atrial appendage closure during mitral valve surgery. Neotlozhnaya kardiologiya i kardioovaskulyarnye riski [Emergency cardiology and cardiovascular risks], 2019, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 739–742
1. J.L. Cox, N. Ad, T. Palazzo. Impact of the maze procedure on the stroke rate in patients with atrial fibrillation J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg,118 (1999), pp. 833–84.
2. R. Lee, A. Jivan, J. Kruse, E.C. McGee Jr., S.C. Malaisrie, R. Bernstein, et al. Late neurologic events after surgery for atrial fibrillation: rare but relevant. Ann Thorac Surg, 95 (2013), pp. 126–132.
3. A randomized, prospective pilot comparison of 3 atrial appendage elimination techniques: Internal ligation, stapled excision, and surgical excision. Richard Lee, Patricia Vassallo, Jane Kruse, S, Chris Malaisrie, Vera Rigolin, Adin-Cristian Andrei, Patrick Mc Carthy, The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Volume 152, Issue 4, October 2016, P. 1075–1080.
4. D.S. Hui, L.J. Alderson, R. Lee. Left atrial appendage thrombus after successful surgical exclusion on anticoagulation: a need for closer postintervention monitoring, Ann Thorac Surg, 98 (2014), p. 1478.
5. Yoshihara F, Nishikimi T, Kosakai Y, et al. “Atrial natriuretic peptide secretion and body fluid balance after bilateral atrial appendectomy by the maze procedure”.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 116 (2): 1998, P.213–9.
6. Left Atrial Appendage E xclusion for Stroke Prevention in Patients With Nonrheumatic Atrial Fibrillation Orhan Onalan, Eugene Crystal, Stroke. 2007; 38:624–630.