G.R. Semak, V.A. Zaharava, S.K. Kletsky, T.A. Liatkovskaya, I.Yu. Zherko
Recently, non-Sjogren’s eye disease (DED) has become increasingly frequent in the therapeutic practice. In the Republic of Belarus, about 17–25% of the population over 40 years old suffer from corneal conjunctival xerosis of various severity. DED can develop both as an outcome of eye diseases and on the background of somatic pathology (diabetes mellitus, systemic atherosclerosis, menopausal syndrome, arterial hypertension, thyroid disease and metabolic syndrome) and is often associated with the systemic and topical use of medications (β-blockers, diuretics, analgesics, antidepressants, etc.). With the progression of corneal dystrophy and albugo formation, various types of donor cornea keratoplasty are used. In the best clinics, a 5-year transplant survival associated with the tear film deficiency is less than 50%.
keywords: dry eye disease, Sjogren syndrome, keratoplasty, hyaluronic acid, regeneration, comorbid patient
for references: TG.R. Semak, V.A. Zaharava, S.K. Kletsky, T.A. Liatkovskaya, I.Yu. Zherko. Non-sjögren syndrome dry eye in general medical practice: causes, outcomes, treatment tactics. Neotlozhnaya kardiologiya i kardioovaskulyarnye riski [Emergency cardiology and cardiovascular risks], 2019, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 719–725
1. Onishenko A.L., Kolbasko A.V., Safronova M.A. Rasprostranennost’ i struktura oftal’mopatologii [The incidence and structure of ophthalmopathology of tubalars]. Oftal’mologiya, 2017, no. 14(4), pp. 375–380. (in Russian).
2. Nelson J.D., Craig J.P., Akpek E.K., Azar D.T., Belmonte C., Bron A.J., Clayton J.A., Dogru M., Dua H.S., Foulks G.N., Gomes J.A. et al. TFOS DEWS II Introduction. Ocul Surf, 2017, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 269–275. doi: 10.1016/j.jtos.2017.05.005.
3. Ament J.D., Todani A., Pineda R. 2nd, Shen T.T., Aldave A.J., Dohlman C.H., Chodosh J. Global Corneal Blindness and the Boston Keratoprosthesis Type I. Am J Ophthalmol, 2010, vol. 149, no. 4, pp. 537–539.
4. Somov E.E., Brzheskiy V.V. Diagnostika i lechenie bol’nych s sindromom «suchogo glaza»: kratkoe rukovodstvo dlya vrachey [Diagnosis and treatment of patients with dry eye syndrome: a brief guide for doctors]. SPb., 2010. pp. 11–22. (in Russian).
5. McCarey B.E., Edelhauser H.F., Lynn M.J. Review of corneal endothelial specular microscopy for FDA clinical trials of refractive procedures, surgical devices, and new intraocular drugs and solutions. Cornea, 2008, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 1–16. doi: 10.1097/ ICO.0b013e31815892da.