O. Laskina, G. Zalesskaya, N. Mitkovskaya
The in vivo effect of low-intensity optical radiation (LIOR) on the blood of patients with unstable angina (UA) was studied. The integration of LIOR in the combined therapy of patients with UA proved to result in positive changes in the oxygen uptake system. Changes in the absorption spectra of the patients’ blood samples, blood oxygenation characteristics, and the proportion of metabolic products were studied at all stages of light exposure. The absorption of LIOR by the blood was found to lead to its photomodifica tion, which was manifested in changes of the partial pressure of blood gases, the content of oxyhemoglobin and the degree of saturation of hemoglobin with oxygen. LIOR affects the oxygen exchange in the body of patients with UA, changes the delivery and consumption of oxygen by tissues, initiates positive changes in the balance between the production of reactive oxygen intermediates, acting as physiologically active compounds, and their inhibition by antioxidant systems.
keywords: unstable angina, blood irradiation with low-intensity optical radiation, blood photomodification, oxygen exchange, reactive oxygen intermediates
for references: O. Laskina, G. Zalesskaya, N. Mitkovskaya. Application of photomodification of blood using low-intensity optical radiation in the combination treatment of patients with unstable angina. Neotlozhnaya kardiologiya i kardiovaskulyarnye riski [Emergency cardiology and cardiovascular risks], 2021, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1145–1150.
1. Kuzmina N.M., Maksimov N.I. High-technological medical aid in acute coronary syndrome in the Udmurt Republic. Avicenna Bull, 2017, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 37-41.
2. Paleev N.R. Karandashov V.I., Petuchov E.B., Zrodnikov V.S. eds. Fototerapiya [Phototherapy]. Moskva: Medizina, 2001. (in Russian).
3. Zalesskaya G.A., Kuchinskii A.V., Ulashchik V.S., Mitkovskaya N.P., Laskina O.V. Spektralnye proyavleniya fotochimicheskich reakziy pri terapevticheskich dozach oblucheniya krovi in vivo ultrafioletovym izlucheniem [Spectral signs of photochemical reactions when blood is exposed in vivo to therapeutic doses of ultraviolet radiation]. Zhurnal prikladnoy spektroskopii, 2008, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 400-405. (in Russian).
4. Zalesskaya G.A., Laskina O.V. Biomedizinskaya radioelektronika [Biomedical radioelectronics]. Medizina, 2010, no. 3, pp. 35-41. (in Russian).
5. Zalesskaya G.A., Akulich N.V., Marochkov A.V., Laskina O.V., Mitkovskaya N.P. Opticheskie metody korrekzii kislorodtransportnych charakteristik krovi i ich biomedizinskie primeneniya [Optical methods for correction of oxygen-transport character- istics of blood and their biomedical applications]. Zhurnal prikladnoy spektroskopii, 2010, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 451-459. (in Russian).
6. Zalesskaya G.A. Laskina O.V., Mitkovskaya N.P., Kirkovskiy V.V. Biomedizinskaya radioelektronika [Biomedical radio electronics]. Medizina, 2011, no.12, pp. 3-10. (in Russian).
7. Zalesskaya G.A., Laskina O.V. Vliyanie terapevticheskich doz opticheskogo izlucheniya na gazovyy sostav venoznoy krovi [Effect of therapeutic doses of optical radiation on gas composition of venous blood]. Zhurnal prikladnoy spektroskopii, 2013, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 274-278. (in Russian).
8. Zalesskaya G.A., Laskina O.V. Korrektiruyuschee vliyanie terapevticheskich DOZ opticheskogo izlucheniya NA gematologicheskie pokazateli krovi, obluchaemoyin vivo [Correcting effect of therapeutic doses of optical radiation on hematological parameters of blood irradiated in vivo] Zhurnal prikladnoy spektroskopii, 2017, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 428-433. (in Russian).
9. Zenkov N.K. Lankin V.Z., Menschikova E.B. Okislitelnyy stress: Biomedizinskie i patofiziologicheskie aspekty [Oxidative Stress: Biomedical and Pathophysiological Aspects.]. Moskva, 2001. (in Russian).